FAD Blog: How to do a Hip Hop Headstand!!
Fri, 29 Jul 2016
This week’s Blog is for all our Hip Hop Fans!
'How to Do a Hip Hop Headstand!!!’
The Headstand is a great Hip Hop Trick that can make a Hip Hop look ‘WOW!’ It can be quite a tricky skill to master but once you have mastered it, it will be really good to add in some cool leg positions and things to make it look awesome!!
How to do a Headstand!
Start in a squat position with your hands on the floor about shoulder width apart and place your head on the floor in between your hands.
Lift your feet off the floor slowly to make sure you have your balance and bring your knees up to your elbows.
- Once you are in a comfortable position and feel balanced. Slowly start to extend your legs towards the roof to achieve the headstand position
Important Tips for your Headstand!
- Make sure you keep your arms far enough apart at least shoulder width as this will help to give you more stability and help you balance yourself in your headstand.
You hands must be flat on the floor with your fingers spread apart and making sure you are not curling your fingers under.
- Make sure you are holding your core nice and tight this will really hep you to be able to hold your freeze for a long time!
Once you have mastered the basic freeze why not try doing some cool tricks while you are holding it... Why not, try moving your legs into different positions.
Check out the video below to see a headstand being performed and to see the different positions you can hit while holding your headstand!! :-)
If you have any topics that you want to read or know more about please email me at email@example.com
- FAD On Totally Wild
- FAD Blog Launch: 5 Tips to a Perfect Toe Touch
- PHILLIPE WITANA HIP HOP MASTER CLASS
- FAD Blog: How to Improve Your Pirouette!
- FAD Dance Star Competition